We welcome article submissions. Writing for us, you impact lives, encourage connection and collaboration, reach a global audience, achieve your own professional dreams, work with talented Friendtier editors, and set your own schedule!
Friendship and Connection is our center. We like personal essays about major transformations. We enjoy advice pieces with actionable tips to improve connections, happiness, relationships, parenting, communication, collaboration, and community. Pieces with research, education, and tools that support better connection to ourselves and those around us – Mind, Body, Spirit.
- Yoga/workout/fitness: Provide specific instruction on how to complete the activity. Assume your reader is new to this exercise. Include photos, or a link to a short video, illustrating the activity.
- Personal essays: Focus on a time in your life; include a perspective shift (let us see that transformation and vulnerability). The more honest you can be about your struggles and victories, the more readers will be inspired by and empathetic to your story!
Energy is everything! Your tone should be inclusive, accessible, inspiring, informative, educational, and generally positive. Help our readers grow and feel inspired!
- Be original: Posts must be unique and yours.
- Submit a full complete post. Submit a working title that grabs readers’ attention.
- Write a tight opening: Does the first sentence make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph tell the reader what the article will be about?
- We feature a wide range of categories and subcategories. How can your piece add to what’s already there?
- Source all health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study, include a link to that source. If you claim a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. We prefer links to scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. Insert relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/friendtier].
- Any relevant images for your post. (Send as separate files to email@example.com, or upload in your account) Send only images that you own. We will assign a photo if you do not submit one of your own.
- Provide step by step tips readers can implement easily.
- Write in your own voice: Use a conversational tone when you write.
- Hyperlink: Put relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/friendtier].
- Submit only one post at a time: We read every submission we receive but we are a small staff and can’t respond to every submission. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days. If your post has not run within two weeks of submission, we have passed. Feel free to submit a different post after 14 days.
- By submitting to Friendtier you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing the Friendtier editorial team deems necessary.